Feel free to make your reservations by using the online tool, calling the park office or simply walking in. We encourage advance reservations. If you experience any issues using our online campground reservation tool we would appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing the Alabama State Parks.
Online Camping Reservation Tool
Because you voted yes on Amendment 2, we were able to remodel both the Upper and Lower Campgrounds. The park has 77 improved campsites including 4 ADA campsites in the Upper and Lower Improved Campgrounds. All campsites have 20, 30, and 50 amp electrical hook-ups with water and sewer hook-ups, picnic table, grill or fire-ring, and access to a bathhouse.
For guest safety, golf carts, ATVs and other off-road vehicles are not allowed on Cheaha State Park public roadways. Golf carts can be driven INSIDE the campgrounds but not beyond the gate.
Upper Primitive Campground
Upper Primitive Campground Map
Primitive sites are located along Tower Road, Alabama’s highest point. There are 26 TENT sites available. Each TENT site has a picnic table, fire ring, shared water spigots, and access to public restrooms (no bathhouse or shower amenity in this campground; shower passes for use in Improved Campground bathhouses may be purchased at the Mountain Store for an additional fee). Roof-top tents on vehicles are allowed.
CCC Primitive Campground
The CCC Campground is on the site where our last Civilian Conservation Corps Co 2420 camped as they built the park. We have 28 rustic TENT sites available. With a tent pad, fire ring, access to a vault toilet, and access to community water spigots (no bathhouse or shower amenity in this campground; shower passes for use in Improved Campground bathhouses may be purchased at the Mountain Store for an additional fee). No RVs, campers, or camping vans are allowed. Roof-top tents are allowed.
Primitive Group Campground
Groups can camp in our private group camping area for tents and hammock camping. There are 5 sites that can accommodate 9 to 25 people per site. Each site has a fire ring and access to a community water spigot (no bathhouse or shower amenity in this campground; shower passes for use in Improved Campground bathhouses may be purchased at the Mountain Store for an additional fee). Our pavilions and bathrooms are not included in the group camping reservation. The lake area is winterized from November 1 to March. No water or restrooms are available from November 1 through March. Vehicles belonging to overnight guests in the group area must have a visitor pass displayed in the windshield. Vehicles that do not have an official pass will be ticketed. Day visitors must pay the park admission fee and display their day pass in the windshield of their vehicle. No RVs, campers or camping vans are allowed. NO roof-top tents allowed (no vehicles in group camp areas).
Pavilions are available to rent from 8am-8pm (50 people or less) for $67-$107/day. For more information on renting a pavilion email Cheaha.StatePark@dcnr.alabama.gov
Alabama State Park Rules and Regulations
Use this park map to help you make your plans.
Note: As of January 1, 2019 a $5.00 one time non-refundable reservation fee will be charged upon making a reservation, and a 4% nightly resort fee will be charged per reservation upon check-in at 4:00 pm in the Mountain Store.
For more information or to book your reservation call the Mountain Store at (256) 488-5111.
Check-in at the Mountain Store begins at 4:00 p.m.
Check-out of your campsite by 11:00 a.m.
Rules & Regulations:
- Deposit of the first night's stay is required to make the reservation.
- All cancellations must be made 72 hours prior to the check-in date. If cancellation is made within 72 hours of your check-in date your deposit is nonrefundable.
- This fee is based on a 4 person reservation. There will be a $3.00 charge for each additional guest. 8 guest limit per site (except for Group Camp)
- A two-night minimum reservation is required on all weekends.
- A three-night minimum stay is required on Talladega race weekends and all holidays.
- We strive to assign our guests the campsite & campground preferred, but we cannot always guarantee a specific campsite.
- There is a 2 vehicle maximum per site. Over 2 vehicles, there will be a $5.00 charge per vehicle, per night and parking offsite but nearby will be suggested.
- Limit 2 tents per site.
- Car camping is not allowed. Tents attached to cars are allowed.
- Place the registration card given to you upon check-in on clip located at the front of your campsite, and one in your vehicle during your stay.
- Check-in time is at 4:00 pm and checkout by 11:00 am.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept on a leash (6 feet long or less) at all times. Never leave your pet unattended in any RV, camper or tent for any reason. Pets are not allowed at the beach area, restrooms, and bathhouses.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Discounts are unavailable in conjunction with group rates, special packages, and other discounts.
- There is an additional $100.00 cleaning fee for damages, excessive debris or uncleanliness in the campsite, or burning anything other than firewood in the firepit.
- CCC Primitive Campgrounds, Upper Primitive Campgrounds, and Lake Group Campgrounds DO NOT include access to bathhouses or showers. Park guests in these primitive facilities may purchase a shower pass from the Mountain Store for $5 per person. For more information, email Cheaha.StatePark@dcnr.alabama.gov