Teachers, Homeschool Parents.......Here are some field trip options that we offer at Oak Mountain State Park. Call to speak with the Naturalist at 205-620-2520 or email her at OakMountain.Naturalist@dcnr.alabama.gov to schedule a field trip. Field trips can be booked a year in advance and dates fill quickly. Summer field trips are very limited due to summer camps that take place at the park.
Option 1 - For small groups (less than 75 children) - 4 hours
- Typically runs from 9a.m. until 1p.m. but can be adjusted to fit your needs
- Have the option to do up to 4 programs with lunch time scheduled in (4 hour trip)
Option 2 - For large groups (over 75 children) - 3 hours
- Can chose from 9a.m. until 12p.m., 9:30a.m. until 12:30 p.m., 10a.m. until 1p.m.
- Groups larger than 75 will be split in two.
- Have the option of 1 program and the scavenger hunt
Contact the Naturalist for all your field trip options
You may chose from the program options below.
- Animal Adaptations
- Alabama's Biodiversity
- Bugs, Bugs, & More Bugs
- Common Birds of Alabama
- Endangered & Threatened Species
- Fishes of Alabama
- Geology of Alabama
- Going Batty - Bats of Alabama
- Mammals of Alabama
- Native Trees of Alabama
- Reptiles & Amphibians of Alabama
- Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Tracks, Scat, & Signs
- What A Waste
There are a few more program options available but these are the most commonly asked for. If you don't see something of interest to you, please email the Naturalist and we can discuss options.