Primitive Camping/CCC Campground - All sites are site specific
- Can not change sites unless checking with the registration office to see if a site is not booked for the length of your stay.
- Two-night minimum on weekends May-November. Three-night minimum on major holidays.
- A deposit of your first night's rent is required to hold a reservation. Fees based on 4 persons with a maximum of 8 persons per site. Fees subject to change without notice.
- Reservations for holiday & race weekends should be made at least 3 months in advance to insure a site.
- Check out time: 11:00 a.m. please lock gate as you leave.
- Pets are allowed with the exceptions of beach area, restrooms and bathrooms. They must be kept on a 6-foot or less leash at all times.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
- Discounts are not available in conjunction with group rates, special packages, or other discounts.
- Gates are locked for your safety.
- Must arrive before 10:00 p.m.
NOTE: 3% Resort Fee and $4.00 Non-Refundable One Time Transaction Fee per stay will be charged upon check in.
Click here to view an overview map of the park.
Campers must register and get gate combination at Cheaha Store before they set up. Please place one card on the clip provided as you set up and the other displayed in your vehicle for security.
Make reservations at 1-800-610-5801 or 1-800-846-2654
$15.40 (tax not included) Per Night fee based on 4 person rate.
$2.20 per extra person max per site 8.
Extra tent for children allowed $5.50 no more than 2 tents per site
Non- dependent tents will need an additional site. Do not move items from other sites.
Guests not staying overnight will be charged the Day Use Fee per day per person.
- Fire ring at each campsite
- No Electricity
- No picnic table
- Community water faucet
- Bathroom available No bathhouse
Located close to Lake Cheaha, this campground is our newest. You will find a way to escape and experience tent camping as it should be. This campground gives campers young and old the "Back to Nature" feel.
Cancelation of a reservation has to be within 72 hours of arrival (3 days) for all of reservations.
Campsites assigned at time of check-in. Fee charged for changing sites without notifying registration staff.
Please follow wildlife and bear rules when camping.
Access to Alabama State Parks and State Park Programs is available without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex or disabilities.
Camping Discounts – Government employees, All senior citizens (62+) and 100% disabled persons are eligible for a 15% discount on camping fees Sunday Night thru Thursday Nights, March - November. 15% All nights, December thru February (exception of holiday weekends). Proof of age, 100% disability or government employment is required at check-in.
Civilian Conservation Corp Campground
Company 2420 was transferred to Camp SP-17 at Munford Company 2420 -V consisted of World War Veterans. The veterans began work with the construction of their camp next to Cheaha Lake (Cheaha State Park's first campground) in what is now known as the CCC Campground (Primitive Campground). Construction began with the mess hall and barracks, and then the officer's quarters. When you camp in this campground you can see and feel the history of the park. Original structures still exist in the campground.