Online reservations available
All Improved campsites have water, sewer, and electrical hook-ups. They also have a picnic table and grill. Please do not leave campfires unattended.
Cheaha has two improved campgrounds, with a total of 72 sites available. Improved Campsites have 20, 30, and 50 amp electrical hook-ups. The Improved Campgrounds received new bathhouses November 2014.
- Our Campgrounds are site specific. Once your campsite is assigned, that is your campsite.
- We have a few "First come, first serve" sites, but if you set up on a site specific site that is not assigned to you, you will be asked to move.
- Place registration card on clip and in your vehicle as you occupy the site for security use.
Please help us in choosing which site will accommodate you the best by letting us know what type of unit, as well as the unit size you have when you make your reservation. If you make an online reservation please note this on your reservation.
We have improved sites for tent camping, and reserve larger sites for larger camping units.
We strive to assign our guests the campsite & campground preferred, but we cannot guarantee a specific campsite, unless it is a site specific campsite.
Click here to see an overview map of the park.
2016-2017 Improved Camping Rates:
Lodging tax NOT included
Fee based on 4 person rate $2.20 per extra person 8 people max per site.
December - September
$27.50 per night
FALL RATE OCT. & NOV.
$29.70 per night
- A 3% resort fee will be added to the night fee & a $4.00 transaction fee (on your first night only) helps to cover the cost of establishing, operating and maintaining our reservation property management system and its related components. The fee provides us with the same financial benefits that other overnight lodging businesses have been enjoying for years. Only now, in tough times have we added this cost.
- Camping Discounts – Government employees, All senior citizens (62+) and 100% disabled persons are eligible for a 15% discount on camping fees Sunday Night thru Thursday Nights, March - November. 15% All nights, December thru February (exception of holiday weekends). Proof of age, 100% disability or government employment is required at check-in.
- Extra Tent Fee: $5.50 per night.( Dependent Children only) Limit two tents per site
- Two-night minimum on weekends May - November. Three-night minimum on major holidays.
- A deposit of one-night's rent is required to hold a reservation. Fees based on 4 persons with a maximum of 8 persons per site. Fees subject to change without notice.
- Cancellation of a reservation has to be within 72 hours of arrival (3 days before arrival) for any and all types of reservations.
- Reservations for holiday, Race, or fall weekends should be made at least 3-6 months in advance to insure a site.
- Check out time: 11:00 a.m.
- Pets are allowed with the exceptions of beach area, restrooms and bathrooms. They must be kept on a 6-foot or less leash at all times.
- A one night non-refundable deposit is required when making a reservation (with the exception of holiday or Talladega Race weekends when we require a 2 night minimum deposit).
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m.
- Discounts are not available in conjunction with group rates, special packages, or other discounts.
Campground #1 - Also known as the "Upper Campground," is open all year. This campground is located on top of the mountain, putting it within walking distance from most of the park's resort amenities. It features 40 full hook-up campsites and two bath houses with hot water, showers, and restrooms. Open all year.
Campground #2 - Also known as the "Lower Campground". Located close to Cheaha Lake, this campground hosts the remaining full hook-up sites and has one bath house with hot water, showers, and restrooms. This campground is smaller and has less activity making it the campground requested by those that want to escape while they camp in comfort.
This campground is not available - December - March. Open first weekend in April each year.