Monte Sano State Park Cabins
For reservations call 256-534-3757 or 1800-ala-park(252-7275)
- Two night minimum on weekends
- three night minimum on holidays
- 12% lodging tax and 3% resort fee will be added to the above listed rate
- 4$ one-time Transaction fee applies
- First Night's Deposit = $125.82 w/ taxes and fees.
- 4pm Check in, 11am check out.
- $10.00 additional fee per adult after the first 2 adults.
- Reservations require one nights deposit.
- 500sqft Studio layout, full and twin beds, love seat, dining table, full bath, heat/ac.
- Kitchenette: microwave, oven, fridge, toaster, coffee maker. Assorted dinnerware and utensils.
- Cable TV
- Fire pits
- fire wood is available for purchase during cold seasons.
- Rustic stone construction made by CCC.(Civilian Conservation Corp)
- Screened In Porch
- Wood siding
- No fire place
- Cabin 14 is Handicap accessible and has 1 queen bed only.
Dog Friendly Cabins
Cabins # 7 and # 8
$15.00 additional per night, per dog.
- Back Patio
- fire place
Rules and regulations specified below.
The clerk must be notified upon check in of the number of dogs staying. Park management reserves the right to refuse any dog on the premise for any reason. If evicted, the dog owner will be responsible for the full amount of the reservation. Dogs are required to be on a 6ft leash and attended to at all times (dogs may not be left unattended at any time in the cabin unless in pet carrier or crated). Dogs are not allowed in any other building. Dogs must be up to date on vaccinations and have tags or documentation. Dog owners are responsible for any and all damages. Extra charges for damage or full cleaning may apply. Maintenance or staff may not enter cabin unless dog is leashed or confined. Other policies may be applicable depending upon Park amenities.
Cancellations and Returns
- Cancellations must be made outside of 72 hours for a full refund, if inside 72 hours a one nights deposit is non refunable.
DISCOUNTS Sun-Thurs only
Provide documentation at check in.
- 10% Senior
- 10% Military
- 10% Disability,
- Government, and state rates vary.
Discounts are not available in conjunction with group rates, special packages, or other discounts. Proof of age, 100% disability, or government employment is required.
PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
In 1931, President Franklin D. Roosevelt created the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), a teaming of two wasted resources, the young men and the land, in an effort to save both. In 1935, the CCC was tasked to build a State Park atop Monte Sano, and between August 1935 and December 1940 the original Park facilities were developed and built, including the charming cabins that still exist today. Monte Sano State Park officially opened August 25, 1938, and was dubbed "the Showplace of the Tennessee Valley." Today, there are 14 cabins available for rental in the Park.
These quaint, stone cabins (cabins 1 - 11), are built in the Arts and Crafts style, popular at the time of construction. Rustic in its appeal, with a hand-crafted stone fireplace and the original wood floor. Step onto the side screen porch to take in the fresh mountain air and breathtaking panoramic view of the natural surroundings.
From I-565 take exit 17b Governors Drive.
Follow to top of mountain and turn left on Monte Sano Blvd.
Go 2.5 miles and turn right on Nolen Ave.
Follow it 1 mile until you arrive at the park.