Last minute specials are available.
Get them before they are gone! Read more >>>
(Also know as the CCC campground, this campground was Cheaha's first campground)
Campground Registration, Camper Check-in, Information, Camping Supplies, & Gift Shop Located at our Country store. Please register before you set up to camp to ensure we have a site available. 1-800-610-5801
Note for campers:
If the store is closed (after-store hours), Check in at Cheaha State Park Hotel office or call 1-800-846-2654 .
Primitive tent sites will include:
Fire ring located on each site
Community water faucet
Bathroom in primitive campground or Short Drive to bath house in Improved campground.
Company 2420 was transferred to Camp SP-17 at Munford Company 2420 -V consisted of World War Veterans.
The veterans began work with the construction of their camp next to Cheaha Lake. Construction began with the mess hall and barracks, and then the officer's quarters. Work in the park consisted of a sand beach for the lake, construction of the Bald Rock Lodge, and over night Cabins. These structures were all constructed out of native rock. In addition to the construction of the structures, Company 2420 also worked on a deer-restocking project for the park and the Talladega National Forest. The deer were captured in North Carolina. Company 2420 also planted Virginia Pines throughout the park. According to the CCC Camp Directory for Alabama, Camp SP- 17 was abandoned after the 18th enrollment period in March of 1942.
We welcome any donations anyone would like to make to our CCC museum.