Experience the thrill of discovery at Cathedral Caverns' Gemstone Mine!
It’s fun, it's easy and there is always a find!
The gemstone mining process is an ideal activity for any age; your findings will make the perfect start for a collection. Children as well as adults have enjoyed their experience panning for gems.
Cathedral Caverns Gem Mine Hours: 9:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
- Mining dirt is purchased from an assortment of bags or buckets, each detailing what might be found.
- Bags and buckets are filled with either a variety of rough cut gems, a variety of fossils, or you can purchase some that have both.
- There is also a bucket that contains seashells and gemstones found in the ocean.
- Cost ranges from $6.00 - $23.00 (plus tax). Different sizes/different contents. Bags/buckets may be shared.
- Receive a rock/fossil identification guide with each purchase.
HOW IT'S DONE:
- Purchase a bag of prepackaged gemstone "rough."
- Work the dirt in the water running through our custom made flumes.
- Identify what you find using the gemstone identification display.